- July 2018 - present, Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Waterloo.
- August 2013 - June 2018, Assistant Professor of Statistics, University of Florida.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Harvard University, May 2013.
Advisor: Prof. Samuel Kou
Title: Statistical computation for problems in dynamic systems and protein folding
- A.M. in Statistics, Harvard University, May 2009.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics and Statistics, University of British Columbia, May 2008.
Supervisors: Prof. Jim Zidek, Prof. Harry Joe
- A.R.C.T. in Piano Performance, Royal Conservatory of Music, Jan 1999.
Awards and distinctions
- Conference travel awards: MCMSki 2014, CASP10 2012.
- Certificate of Distinction for Excellence in Teaching, Harvard University.
Awarded for Spring 2010 and Fall 2011 semesters.
- Post-qualifying talk award, Harvard University, Department of Statistics. Spring 2011.
Awarded each semester to two PhD candidates for quality and depth of research.
- NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarship, 2008 (declined).
- Nash Medal, University of British Columbia, Department of Statistics. Spring 2008.
Awarded annually to the most outstanding graduating student in the B.Sc. program in statistics.
- 67th William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition, UBC Team honourable mention, 2006.
- University of British Columbia: BMO Financial Group National Scholarship, 2003-2007.
Full four-year merit-based scholarship, awarded to the top 4 students entering UBC, and based on continuing academic and extracurricular achievements.
- Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2017: STA 4321/5325, Introduction to Probability / Fundamentals of Probability.
- Fall 2014, Fall 2016: STA 4222/5223, Design of Sample Surveys.
- Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017: STA 4322/5328, Introduction to Statistical Inference.
Previous research and work experience
- May 2010 - May 2013: Research fellow, Department of Statistics, Harvard University.
- Sep 2007 - Apr 2008, Jun 2009 - Aug 2009: Research assistant, Forest Products Group, Department of Statistics, University of British Columbia.
- Jan 2007 - Apr 2007, May 2008 - Aug 2008: Survey Methodologist, Statistics Canada.
- Jun 2006 - Aug 2006: Research assistant, National Lab for Marine and Coastal Meteorology, Environment Canada.